Justin Bieber Ends Interview Over Harry Styles Mum Joke

09:35, Tuesday, 3 July 2012

Justin Bieber ended a recent interview with US radio show Mojo In The Morning after host, Mojo, asked if he was afraid One Direction's Harry Styles might end up seducing his mother, given his track record with older women.

The 18-year old - who is rumoured to have banned Styles from meeting his mum, Pattie Mallette - didn't find the question amusing, abruptly ending their interview.

Speaking about his friendship with The X Factor group, Justin stated: "I mean, definitely somewhat [I am friends with One Direction now]. They were in town a while ago and they came over and stuff, but, yeah, they're good kids."

When asked if he worries Harry may make a move on his mum, JB quipped: "I don't think you should worry about me [and my mom with Harry Styles] worry about your mum, bro."

Mojo then noted that his mother had passed away, before Bieber hung up on the call. The interview has since been taken off the show's official site, but found its way onto YouTube.

It wasn't the only contentious part of the interview as Bieber already seemed to be annoyed that Mojo had compared his single, Boyfriend, to the musical stylings of Justin Timberlake.

Biebs claimed: "Man, that's crazy 'cause our voices sound nothing alike. I mean, I'm not trying to sound like anyone.

"Saying I sound like someone else is not really a compliment. ... I think if you were to say I heard some Jus! tin Timb erlake-esque things in your sound I would take that as a compliment."

He added: "Justin Timberlake is definitely really talented and is similar because he's white and he's singing pop, R&B.

"I think we both have the type of edge. I definitely want to have my own lane and not be compared. But I think he is super, super-talented."

On Saturday, Mojo tweeted that he had been suspended in response to the interview; Clear Channel, which broadcasts his show, said in a statement to industry trade magazine Radio Ink that: "As a policy we don't comment on personnel matters."

Clear Channel had yet to respond to MTV News' request for comment by press time. Mojo hadn't updated his Twitter on Monday (2nd July) regarding his suspension.

In other Justin Bieber news, the Never Say Never star has confirmed he will be performing at the Teen Choice Awards on 22nd July, where he is also nominated for a number of trophies.

Watch MTV News on the hour every hour on MTV - Sky Channel 126 and Virgin Channel 311