Justin Bieber: 'I would never run past my fans'

Justin Bieber has apologised for not stopping to speak with fans at a French airport on Monday (January 30).

The 'Mistletoe' singer took to his Twitter account on Tuesday (January 31) to tell fans that he had wanted to get on the plane as quickly as possible to avoid the waiting paparazzi.

Bieber wrote: "I want to clear something up that is important to me. The other day in the airport I got surrounded by 20 paps. I don't like small spaces and I just wanted to get on the plane."

Justin Bieber, NRJ Music awards ceremony

The singer continued: "I ran to get thru the gate and there is a video of me running by fans and on the other side you don't see the 20 paps. I would never run by my fans and for those that i did pass that day I AM SORRY. I know my fans are my everything. I know my responsibility to them. I LOVE MY BELIEBERS.

"So as I get older I know I will learn to deal with these things better and better just still learning. still human. just had to get that out (sic)."

Bieber was in France to attend the country's NRJ Awards at the Palais des Festivals on the French Riviera where he was presented with the 'Award of Honour'.

He was also present at last week's Michael Jackson hand and footprint ceremony in Los Angeles, where he joined the late singer's children at the event celebrating Jackson's life and career.

> Justin Bieber to host Saturday Night Live
> Selena Gomez: 'Justin Bieber and I want a normal relationship'

Watch Justin Bieber's music video for 'Mistletoe' below: