Bieber hasn't made rap record

Justin Bieber says there isn't a lot of rapping on his new album.

The 18-year-old singer can be heard talking/rapping on his latest track 'Boyfriend' but he insists his upcoming third LP 'Believe' is still a traditional pop record.

Speaking to MTV News, he said: 'There's not a lot of rapping on the album. As people know, I'm a singer, and I don't want to get people confused with that, but it's something that I love to do, so you guys will definitely hear more of it.'

On 'Boyfriend' the verses are performed in a rap style by Bieber and the lyrics include the lines 'If I was your boyfriend, I'd never let you go/ I can take you places you ain't never been before/ Baby take a chance or you'll never ever know/ I got money in my hands that I'd really like to blow/ Swag swag swag, on you'.

The music superstar has collaborated with several big names on the record, including Timbaland, Drake and Lil Wayne.

Drake recently praised Bieber for his talent for creating melodies.

The 'Take Care' hitmaker said: 'We meet on the ground of melody. He's always like, 'Your melodies are so crazy,' and 'Give me the craziest melody.' So, we sat there for a night, and it was actually a great studio process. What we would do is, he would go in the booth for 10 minutes, and he would hum melodies, and then he would walk out, and then I'd be like, 'I like this one,' and then I'd go in, and we started coaching each other and amping each other up.'