Bieber film to come out next year?

Justin Bieber's big screen acting debut could hit cinemas next year, Mark Wahlberg has revealed.

The Canadian pop superstar is set to work on an upcoming basketball-themed film alongside Mark, who lavished praise on the singer.

When asked if the movie could be complete by next year, Mark told E!: "Possibly, if I have anything to do with it."

He added: "We got a first draft. They did an edit on the script and got to make some changes and do a little bit of rewrite and polish but I've been in contact with (Justin's) managers and the studio a lot. We just want to make it great and we're getting there."

Justin - who has previously appeared as a troubled teen in CSI: Crime Scene Investigation - will play a basketball player in the movie.

Mark said: "I just think personally we have a great idea... He's a great athlete... he wants to have success in the movie world and acting as well.

"He's focused and patient about finding the right particular part, working with the right people and I think he'd do a great job. I think we have good chemistry and like I said he's right for this particular part and it's an idea we've had for a while."