Bieber thankful to One Direction for support

London, March 13 (IANS) Singer Justin Bieber has thanked One Direction members for their support.

Louis Tomlinson and Zayn Malik defended the 19-year-old singer after his controversial visit to London last week.

Bieber angered fans when he appeared on the stage two hours late during a concert, and later got into an argument with a photographer.

Bieber expressed his gratitude to the band stars for having his back, reports femalefirst.co.uk.

"Zayn Malik, Louis Tomlinson thanks fellas. All good over here. Much appreciated," Bieber tweeted.

Tomlinson, 21, had sided with Bieber on Twitter and posted: "Although I don't know him personally, I do wish the press would take it easy on Justin Bieber. I really do empathise with him, I don't see anything out of character in comparison to any other teenagers I know."

The tweet prompted bandmate Malik, 20, to add: "Louis Tomlinson what a dude man. Got your back bro Justin Bieber."