Justin Bieber Instagram Post Slams Press

Justin Bieber has hit out at the press and their "countless lies" in a message on his Instagram account.

The post begins: "Everyone in my team has been telling me, 'keep the press happy' but I'm tired (of the lies) ... saying I'm going to rehab and how my family is disappointed in me. My family is beyond proud."

The pop star's message comes soon after a turbulent visit to London which saw him booed for turning up late to a gig, admitted to hospital, and lash out at a photographer.

He later adds: "I'm a good person with a big heart. And don't think I deserve all this negative press I've worked my ass off to get where I am."

The defiant message was posted to his 7.3 million Instagram followers alongside a black and white picture of the singer surrounded by his fans.

After four hours it had notched up more than 38,000 comments on the photo-sharing site.

Bieber's troubles in London made entertainment headlines around the world, particularly his altercation with a photographer - which was caught on camera.

The singer had to be restrained by his security team and forced backed into his car.

"I get angry sometimes," admits the star. "I'm gonna make mistakes. In gonna grow and get better from them."

The 19-year-old's post also took a swipe at troubled US actress Lindsay Lohan, whose career has hit the rocks amid tabloid headlines and multiple run- ins with the law.

Bieber posted: "And to those comparing me to Lindsey Lohan, look at her 2012 tax statements ;)"

However the reference to Lohan was later deleted.

The Canadian star is the world's most popular Twitter user with nearly 36 million followers and one of the most-watched stars on YouTube.

Bieber suggests his detractors are scared of his success: "I'm 19 with 5 number one albums, 19 and I've seen the whole world, 19 and I've accomplished more than I could've ever dreamed of.

"It must be scary to some people to think that this is just the beginning."

The singer is currently in Madrid on the latest leg of his Believe world tour.