Justin Bieber was never a Belieber in Santa Claus

Posted at 11:05 AM ET, 12/19/2011

Justin Bieber performs songs from his new holiday album while taping a segment for the "Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade" TV special. (Disney Parks - Getty Images)

Justin Bieber might tell his young fans that Santa Claus is Coming to Town on his new Christmas album, but Bieber never believed that jolly old Saint Nicholas was the one sticking presents under his tree.

The teen star recently told AOL Music:

My mom always told me there wasnt a Santa. This was her logic: She thought if I grew up knowing about Santa then finding out he wasnt real, that it would be like she was lying to me. And then when she told me about God, I maybe wouldnt believe her. So she just wanted to be straight-up and honest with me all the time. But I didnt tell my friends or ruin it for anyone I was a good kid!

Yes, even as a little Bieb, the singer was asked to behave in a manner beyond his years.

But based on the rest of AOLs interview with Bieber whose holiday record, Mistletoe! , debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart his Christmases are an otherwise traditional affair that consist of time spent with relatives and gifts that delight and disappoint to varying degrees.

His worst gift, he said, came from a present exchange game he plays with his family: One time I really wanted a Game Boy but I ended up with pots and pans, which was disappointing. I think I gave them to my mom.

By | 11:05 AM ET, 12/19/2011

Tags: Justin Bieber