Justin Bieber unveils new Jesus tattoo on calf

Justin Bieber unveiled a new tattoo on his calf, during a beach outing in Orange County, Calif. on January 4.

The 17-year-old pop star had a new black ink portrait of Jesus tattooed on his left calf, which appears in photos obtained by Celebuzz.

The art is not Bieber'! s first foray into tattoos. He also has Jesus' name written in Hebrew on his rib cage and a bird tattoo on his left hip, which matches one of his father's tattoos.

Bieber opened up about his religious beliefs to The Associated Press a few years back.

"I'm a Christian, I believe in God, I believe that Jesus died on a cross for my sins," Bieber told The Associated Press in November 2010. "I believe that I have a relationship and I'm able to talk to him and really, he's the reason I'm here, so I definitely have to remember that. As soon as I start forgetting, I've got to click back and be like, you know, this is why I'm here."

Bieber posted a photo from his beach outing on his Populagram account on Wednesday evening, referencing "The O.C." TV series he wrote, "Was in the O.C lookin for Seth and Summer. Turns out it was all a bunch of bs."

Over the past few weeks, he has also posted several photos of his father and siblings and one of him posing in a nativity scene (pictured above).

On Saturday night, Bieber performed the Beatles song "Let It Be" on "Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve With Ryan Seacrest 2012" with Carlos Santana. He also debuted a new song, "Happy New Year" with his friend and Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith's son Jaden Smith.

(Pictured above: Justin Bieber appears in a photo posted on his official Poulagram account on December 29, 2011. "Chillin with the homeys," he wrote in its caption.)

(Copyright 2012 OnTh! eRedCarp et.com. All Rights Reserved.)