Justin Bieber in bloody boxing-themed photoshoot - video

Justin Bieber is left bloodied and bruised in a new boxing-themed photoshoot.

The Complex magazine spread, by acclaimed Irish fashion photographer Tony Kelly, sees the 18-year-old sporting injuries and spitting out blood after appearing to have received a punch to the face.

Justin Bieber

Complex.com/Tony Kelly

Teasing the issue, the magazine said that the singer - who turned 18 earlier this month - is "through being your punching bag".

Discussing his relationship with Selena Gomez in an accompanying interview with editor Joe La Puma, Bieber said: "There's no way to hide the relationship completely, because then it would be unfair to us.

"It's like, 'You take this car and I'll take this car and then we'll meet up at the spot. Then you go in this door, I'll go in this door. We'll end up crossing ways. You get back in this car. We'll cross over, do a James Bond. You go through the kitchen. I'll go through the back area. Then we'll meet in the dressing room and see each other'."

Justin Bieber

Complex.com/Tony Kelly

Justin Bieber

He added: "At that point it's not even a relationship. You're just hiding f! rom ever yone. That's unfair and unhealthy, man."

On being snapped by the paparazzi, Bieber said: "I'll be covering my face, and it p*sses me off so much when people say, 'Get over it, Justin. You're famous. People are going to take your picture. Suck it up, you're rich'.

"It's like, 'Yo, I just got off an eight-hour flight. I'm tired and my eyes have bags under them. I'm not trying to take pictures. I'm not going to come to your house, wake you up, and start snapping your picture'."

The magazine, which is celebrating its tenth anniversary, will run two special covers featuring the Canadian star.

> Justin Bieber teases new single 'Boyfriend'> Justin Bieber asks fans to choose cover for new single 'Boyfriend'

Watch a behind-the-scenes video of the photoshoot below: