Bieber Blackout: Star Smashes Into Glass Panel

Justin Bieber has reassured fans he is "fine" after blacking out during a concert in Paris.

The Canadian pop star is currently performing a series of mini-gigs in Europe as he promotes his upcoming album Believe.

But his latest concert in the French capital failed to go to plan; he ran into a pane of glass backstage midway through the gig, hurting his head and blacking out.

Although he eventually returned to the stage to finish his set, Bieber was unconscious for 15 seconds in his dressing room.

The 18-year-old took to Twitter to calm the fears of worried fans.

"Thanks for the love but there are a lot of people out there who need prayers. I'm fine. Just smacked my head and needed some water. All good," he wrote.

"I'm Canadian. We are tough. lol. It's all good. Just gotta take it easy the rest of the night."

Showing he can joke at his own misfortune, Bieber added: "I will see u again Glass. I will have my revenge. BIEBER vs GLASS. MGM LAS VEGAS 2013. lol. #gottalaughatyourself."

Bieber later explained what happened at the concert to US website TMZ .

"I was performing and I was going offstage," he said, "and there's a glass wall behind me but there's a railing behind the glass and so I went to reach for the railing and I hit my head on the glass.

"After that it really hurt and I felt a little light-headed, but my adrenalin pushed me through it and I performed the last song.

"After that I went offstage and I immediately felt really weak and then I was walking down the stairs and I passed out for, like, 15 seconds and I was unresponsive.

"I opened my eyes and I saw the doctor and he told me I had, like, a concussion.

"I feel good. I have a little bit of a headache."

Bieber's mini-tour has not been hitch free with his concert in Norway causing injuries to both his fans and himself.

A reported 14 teenage girls were taken to hospital and dozens more injured when hysteria broke! out.

Hoards of girls were seen queuing up to watch the free concert held outside Oslo's Opera house.

The city's mayor has launched an investigation to find out what happened.

During Bieber's visit to the city, the pop star was chased by hundreds of fans with some seen running across roads and dodging cars to follow a vehicle they believed to contain the pop star.

After the Oslo gig, Bieber revealed on Twitter that he had "pulled something" in his hip.

The singer is due to play London's Wembley stadium on June 9.

Bieber is currently being investigated by police over a claims he attacked a photographer in California.