Justin Bieber: Mariah song is my Billie Jean

Justin Bieber says his new track Mariah is "my Billie Jean".

The singer has likened the song on his latest album Believe to the Michael Jackson classic because it deals with Mariah Yeater's claims that he fathered a love child with her.

Similarly, Michael Jackson's Billie Jean is believed to be about a mentally ill fan who claimed he was the father of one of her twins, although the late pop icon insisted the track was about groupies he encountered.

Justin explained that penning the song allowed him to express his feelings about the scandal without having to hold back.

"That's my Billie Jean," he told Billboard magazine. "It was something I wanted to get off my chest, and I could just say it in a song and get my point across without having to worry about the words I'm using in an interview."

Meanwhile, Justin's girlfriend Selena Gomez has described him as a "hopeless romantic".

The actress has been dating the teenage heartthrob since 2010 and admitted he has been spoiling her rotten.

The brunette beauty spoke about the infamous date when Justin hired out the entire Los Angeles' Staples Centre so they could watch Titanic in privacy.

"If I'll share anything with you, it's that he really is a hopeless romantic," Selena told the latest issue of Elle magazine. "I had just mentioned it in the car - all I said is that I really want to see Titanic again, and then?"

Cover Media