Jepsen inspired by Justin Bieber

Carly Rae Jepsen is inspired by Justin Bieber's energy on stage and says it is contagious.

The 'Call Me Maybe' singer - who is currently on a world tour with the 18-year-old heartthrob - said she feeds off his energy and thinks he's an inspiration to watch on stage.

She told E! News at a Comedy Central event in New York: 'I'm currently on a worldwide tour with (Justin). I was just in Calgary last night and we flew out here to make it in time for this event. And it's great to perform with him every night. It's fun to kind of feed off his energy and his crowd. It's kind of contagious.'

The 'Kiss' singer's comments come just days after Sharon Osbourne predicted the teen idol will have disappeared from the public eye in a few years because he doesn't have what it takes to have a long-lasting career.

In an interview at the National Radio conference in Sydney recently, 'The Talk' co-host said: 'For me, Justin is...I've met him, I've worked with him, I did a TV commercial with him. He's a really great little guy. But that's his problem. He's a little guy. His fans are growing up, they're 18, 19-year-olds now. And that means the little girls of titties and lips (sic), you know, they're young women. And he still looks like that little boy.

'He needs some hair or something. I just don't think, from my gut, maybe my guts wrong cause it's not a 100 percent, but I don't think he's going to stand the test of time.'