Skip to main content

Justin Bieber serenades Winnipeg teen

Justin Bieber sings to Jennifer Fortier after bringing the Winnipeg teen on stage at his concert Thursday night.Justin Bieber sings to Jennifer Fortier after bringing the Winnipeg teen on stage at his concert Thursday night. (CBC)

A Winnipeg teenager had a dream come true with pop superstar Justin Bieber and now she has trouble sleeping.

Jennifer Fortier, 16, from Oak Park High School has been buzzing since the Biebs brought her onstage at his Winnipeg concert Thursday night, sat her down, and serenaded her.

Justin took my hand and sat me down on this block in the middle of the stage and he sat beside me and put his arm around me and sang and got up and danced a bit. I was just sitting there in shock really, Fortier said.

"I was freaking out; I was almost shaking. I was just worried about almost not passing out up there."

Fortier said she felt like she was in a movie.

Bieber, who has a Winnipeg connection his father is from here and Bieber spent time growing up in the city, busking at The Forks put his fans into a frenzy this week as he spent a couple of days in the city before thrilling them with his concert.