Justin Bieber Beer: Boyfriend Singer Admits to Getting His Drink On

Justin Bieber Beer: Boyfriend Singer Admits to Getting His Drink On

Justin Bieber Beer sounds like a really bad merchandising idea, though, to be perfectly honest, it would probably be a huge hit with the kids. His street cred with those who balk at his squeaky clean image would explode through the proverbial roof, leaving parents and lawmakers and finger-wagging teetotalers to condemn the underage drinker singer for lending his name to such an irresponsible beverage. Still, think of the possibilities. Dollar signs and promotional opportunities all over the place.

All kidding aside, Biebers admission that hes downed a few alcoholic drinks in his day isnt really that shocking to me. Teenagers are curious, and theyre going to experiment, particularly when their fame and fortune grant them access to stuff most kids his age wouldnt be able to get their grubby little hands on. If all the guy has consumed at this point are a couple of beers, I think Bieber is a pretty well-adjusted 18 year-old.

For me, its just like, I like to be in control of myself. I mean, Ive had a beer, like, before. But I never get out of control, Bieber explained in the June issue of GQ. I mean, I keep my guard up a lot, because you know, you cant trust anyone in this business. Thats whats sad. You cant trust anybody. I learned the hard way.

Before you toss me on the rack for rallying around underage drinking, let me say this: Considering some of the other options that are currently on the market, Id say Bieber is essentially splashing around in shallow waters. Whats more, he seems to have his head on straight, which makes this thi! nk this is pretty much a non-issue. When he starts sharing his heroin stories with a few major publications, then we can talk about irresponsibility.

What do Twitter users think of the Boyfriend singers experimentation with the wild and wooly world of beer? You can sample their reactions in the space provided below.