Justin Bieber Teases Next Believe Single

Justin Bieber is still riding high off the release of his new video for "Boyfriend." But with the release of his next album, Believe, not too far off, Bieber told MTV News that fans might get the chance to hear more from the June 19 release sooner rather than later.

"Why did I choose 'Boyfriend' [for my first single]? I just thought it was ... a song that most represented me at the time and what I wanted to put out there, " he told Sway during "MTV First: Justin Bieber" on Thursday night (May 3). "It's crazy, because even my next single after that is going to be better."

Bieber didn't want to give out too many details about this even better next track, but he did reveal that the title recalls the title of a certain hit by '90s teen idols the Backstreet Boys. "My next single, I don't have it completely set. ... I think it's 'As Long As You Love Me.' It's midtempo," Bieber said. "I think it's edgy."

With no exact details on when fans might get to hear the song, he dished that a song he wrote for his mother, Pattie Mallette, could drop on May 13, whether or not it makes the album. "I wrote a song for my mom. But I'm going to put it out on Mother's Day," he said, explaining why Mama Mallette was worthy of her own track, "[It's] about the struggles, I say in the song. She had me at like the age I am now. [It's about] just the struggles she went through and how brave she was, and I think the world needed to know that."

What did you think of the "Boyfriend" video? Share your reviews in the comments!

Stick with MTV News as we roll out more from our exclusive "MTV First" interview with Justin Bieber!