Justin Bieber Lights Up Billboard Music Awards With 'Boyfriend'

Justin Bieber got the room shaking at the Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas when he danced around the stage rapping and singing his lead Believe single, "Boyfriend."

Dressed in white and yellow, with some neon lights on his pants, the 18-year-old stormed the stage and danced his butt off but he didn't go at it alone. He was joined by some sexy, scantily clad lady dancers and male dancers in masks. Jumping from various levels of the stage, Bieber got his swaggie on.

He especially brought out the swag when the song broke down in the middle for an extended dance remix, and he showed that he's growing as a performer and a hoofer, relying less on his cutesy tween image and more on the razzle-dazzle of predecessors like Justin Timberlake and mentor Usher.

Before he took the stage to perform, Bieber was up there to accept the prize for Top Social Artist. An emotional Bieber thanked those closest to him during his speech.

"First of all, I just want to say how much of a blessing it's been the past three, four years, just growing up in front of everybody," he said. "I want to thank all my fans, 'cause the Internet is where I got my start. I want to thank my boy [and manager] Scooter Braun for all he's done. He's more than just a manager to me. I want to thank Usher. ... He takes the time to really care. I just want to say 'thank you so much' to my mom and my dad and to God. I could keep rambling forever. I just want to thank you so much. Swaggie."

Immediately after Bieber performed, his first artist, Carly Rae Jepsen, also sang her hit single "Call Me Maybe."

What did you think of Bieber's performance? Let us know in the comments!